
There are two chores that I absolutely can not stand doing: ironing & emptying the dish washer. I'm not sure why this is, but I can't bring myself to to them. Since becoming pregnant and feeling the need to nest and be productive at all times, I've started keeping a very extensive "to-do" list. For some reason if something is on my list, even if it's a chore I can not stand to do, I find complete satisfaction in doing it and crossing it off, ahhhh what a feeling! So today I thought I would put this to a true test and I put "Learn to Love Ironing" on my list. I glanced at my list all day long and there it was just staring at me waiting to be crossed off. So, alas, I went down into the basement, turned on the iron (which took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to do and yes it was a simple as plugging it in) and started to iron. I ironed the new baby bathroom shower curtain, it is too cute for words and I ironed the adorable woodland creature window valance for the nursery. It felt AMAZING, I was so very proud of myself! I marched right back upstairs picked up my pen and crossed that sucker off, but before I did I made one quick little change..."Learn to Love Ironing, Once."
Too funny! Can I send you some of my stuff to iron?? I brought out my Spring coat and washed it hoping the wrinkles would come out. Then when I put it on today I turned around and looked in the back in the mirror. One of the flaps was literally sticking out (where the slit is). I decided I'll iron it some day...maybe next Fall!
ReplyDelete